tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] New TLF prelease tlf-1.1pre1

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] New TLF prelease tlf-1.1pre1
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 19:54:43 +0200

A new prerelease version of TLF is available at:

http://www.staff.hs-mittweida.de/~tb/tlf-1.1pre1.tar.gz

It fixes some minor problems related to the new bandmap display but the
most work was made on the scoring engine for mults.

As some of you (esp. Martin OK1RR) pointed out, the scoring of multis
was very inconsistent, especially after a restart of tlf or the ':res'
command. The new version should work a lot better now and I hope I did
not introduce some new problems here. Please try it out for the classic
contests support by TLF and also for the WYSIWYG_ONCE and _MULTI modes.

If you observe a wrong scoring please let me know and add the logcfg.dat
and the rules file to your post.

In detail the following changes were made:

- drop old unsupported configuration variable MANY_CALLS (was of no use
  for a long time already)
- lists of possible multipliers can have any number of entries now.
  Comment lines (starting with a '#' in column 0) are allowed.
  Any trailing white space gets stripped, only the relevant part of a
  line is remembered.
  !!! Be aware that not any multiplier scheme is supported at the
  moment. There has some work to be done....
- For WYSIWYG multis the whole comment entry is evaluated as multi.
  Until now it was only the first space delimited word. Please give
  feedback if that is what you need.
- The scoring engine was simplified and reworked. It should now
  correctly count any recorded multipliers during contest as well as
  during a ':res' rescore command or a new start of tlf with some
  entries already in the log.
  !!! If you delete a QSO you have to manually rescore the log (:res).

!!!Please test and give me feedback. Please use it with care in a real
contest. It may contain new bugs!!!

After getting your ok to that changes I will load them up to the github
repo and merge them with the other changes made there.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea