tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] MMTTY plugin for TLF?

From: w9wi
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] MMTTY plugin for TLF?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 02:21:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Oct 9, 2011, Martin Kratoska <address@hidden> wrote:

>BTW a true FSK is a must for RTTY, AFSK or several pseudoFSK options are
>rather annoying. The same was with Windoze until JE3HHT created MMTTY.
>My suggestion is to search for a keen programmer who will be
>able/willing to solve the FSK timing issues and create a true FSK
>program for Linux.

I am absolutely NOT that keen programmer(grin)...

I wonder, might the answer be some kind of external hardware device?  I'm
thinking "Winkey for FSK", possibly implemented on Arduino hardware.  Actually,
wouldn't that be fairly simple, since the external device doesn't have to worry
about receiving?  (that can be done in DSP on the Linux host)  You'd just feed
ASCII characters to the external hardware over a RS-232 or USB port; the
hardware (OK, firmware) would map to Baudot & shift a digital output port up &
down with appropriate timing.