tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] K3 and tlf - resets bw when changing bands

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] K3 and tlf - resets bw when changing bands
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:31:38 +0200

Hi Olaf,

Am Sat, 11 Aug 2012 08:55:05 +0200
schrieb Olaf Devik <address@hidden>:

> My K3 combined with tlf/hamlib reads frequency/mode nicely both into
> cqrlog and to tlf and if necessary simultaneously by use of rigctld
> daemon. Some hassle to set up as I had to compile hamlib from source,
> the standard install were not found by tlf unless hamlib was compiled.
>
> My question is as follows, why do the K3 return to a wide bandwidth
> every time I change bands or turn the vfo outside the bandlimits -
> this only happens when the k3 is communicating with tlf. There seems
> to some builtin logic that overrides the bw and resets the bw to
> approx 1000 hz every time I change  band. Is there some logic built
> into tlf or is this a hamlib issue?

That is done by tlf intentional. Every time you change band it reset
the bandwidth to the 'default' value, which is coded inside hamlib
(Seems for your K3 that default is set to 1000 Hz).

You can overide the default bandwidth setting with

'CWBANDWIDTH=xxx'

in logcfg.dat where xxx is one of the supported bandwidth settings of
your K3.

Wrt to the need to self compile hamlib: Which operating system and
hamlib version did you try before? Did you install also the
development headers (hamlib-dev packacke or similar) before?
Some Linux systems split the headers out from the library package.

It would be good if you can try building tlf again without the self
compiled hamlib and send me the output of the ./configure command.

73, Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea