tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] New callmaster and cty.dat files

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] New callmaster and cty.dat files
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 18:40:45 +0100

Hello Thomas,

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 03:09:18PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hi Ervin,
>
> just had a look into it. Thanks for preparing.
>
> Please see my comment on the pull request.

I've closed the pull request,

> As the call master database has a different sorting order as
> before can you please give me some more information about how you
> processed it?

hmm... what's the expected order?

Here is how I processed:
- collect callsigns sets from cqww.com and cqwpx.com (on
  cqwpx.com site I just found the last contest loglist)
- created the union of all set, and made a distinct set
- merged with original callmaster into the new list, which is
  unordered
- all of above I've used Python (I'm a big Python fan), and to
  order the new merged list, I've used the Python's built-in
  sort() function.
  It's a simply sort function, based on ascii table:
  http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/datastructures.html
  (see the list.sort() and an example after list.reverse())

It's just a simple callmaster.sort(), then I wrote it to a file.

What's the problem? How could I help?

73,

Ervin
HA2OS