tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] CQWW result

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] CQWW result
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:48:48 -0500

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 21:26:03 +0100
Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 02:34:39PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:59:49 +0100
> > Thomas Beierlein <address@hidden> wrote:
> >

> > > Simply try '='. That does what you look for. And '_' resends the
> > > last number. I know it is only documented on Rein's old web site.
> > > So maybe we should write a 'getting started' manual which
> > > includes these tips.
> > >
> > > 73, de Tom DL1JBE.
> >
> > Already on the man page.
>
> RTFM and HOWTO/Getting started page are not equals :)
>

> I prefer a good "howto-start-to-use-Tlf" page, with many
> examples. I use Tlf a half year, made some patch, usually
> read the code - but it still contains new things for me.
>

> 73,
>
> Ervin
> HA2OS
>
> ps: 630 QSO on CQ-WW-CW, on 5 bands, in SO-ALL-LOW (non-assisted)

First CW contest since 1997 and the first with TLF other than RTTY. Had
a lot of trial and error mainly editing macros and logcfg.

Never used a bandmap and grab before, quite a big help. Did just S&P.

The winkey server was a pain as I would forget to start it.

Any thoughts of maybe a wiki ? I referred to the man page quite a bit.

Ed W3NR