tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Quick change CW <> SSB -- which key to use?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Quick change CW <> SSB -- which key to use?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:48:24 +0100

Am Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:57:22 -0600
schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> * On 2013 10 Dec 07:41 -0600, FS wrote:
> > Another proposal would be <CTRL>+F1 to toggle through the modes.
> > That would be compatible to other programms. We should include all
> > modes to toggle through for normal qso mode.
>
> Except that X desktop window managers grab the Ctl-Fx keys for desktop
> switching.  Asking users to disable those keys in their window manager
> may be too much.  Alt-Fx keys are also often in use for various
> desktop functions.

There is another problem with the CTRL-Fx keys. They are not supported
on most terminal emulators. (And there are some other limitations on
possible key combinations as well.)

You can simply try it:

Type 'cat<enter>' in your terminal and then press the different key
combinations. Fx and CTRL-Fx produces the same key sequences on most
terminals.

I know it is different in graphical mode, but tlf is a console mode
application.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"