tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 20:25:53 +0100

Hello Ed,

thanks for the answer,

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 01:33:28PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> On 12/22/2013 01:10 PM, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
> >Hello,
>
> >S&P_TU_MSG=
>
> Your missing the message that goes in the above. Move what you have
> in the ALT_3 and it should now work.
>

> >ALT_3=CFM ++5NN-- #
>
> >But when I hear a station, and type callsign, on ALT+3 Tlf send
> >the ALT_3 message ("CFM 5NN SERIAL"), but when I press the enter
> >to save the QSO, Tlf send my callsign again - and I don't know
> >why.
>
> As Above.

so, that's clear, very clear - but... :)

May be I just complicate this S&P mode, but I think it would be
better to send a message to RUN station when I press ENTER (which
configured for ALT+3 now), and when all thing is right, and
station acknowledged my report, then I can save the QSO _without_
any message. But as I wrote above, may be that's just my
misunderstanding.

Anyhow, I check this config as you wrote, and it works as you
wrote :), I'll try to adapt this way :).

Just an idea: may be it could be good to implement a short key to
save the QSO without send any TU message - what is your opinion?

> >What I'm missing, and what is the correct way to use the two
> >modes of Tlf?
>
> Use  + to switch between RUN & S&P. In S&P remember the 2nd Enter
> sends th TU message. Use F2 to repeat your call till the RUN station
> calls you.

yes, that's what I missed out,

> >On the previous contest, I only used RUN mode, but CQ_TU_MSG and
> >S&P_TU_MSG were set up as empty string, and when I type an ENTER
> >after I typed callsign, Tlf just save the QSO "silent".
>
> That's because the 2 strings were empty. All of this I would imagine
> has been hard coded by Rein. But it works and works well. But you
> cannot change the Enter sequence in either RUN or S&P.
>
> I would have copied the template rules file and change only what is
> needed. I normally do not change the macros or the TU messages.

thanks for all, Ed, my New Year's resolution is "I will never use
Tlf without TU messages" :)

73,

Ervin

HA2OS