tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Fw: Few modifications in Tlf core - scoring

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Fw: Few modifications in Tlf core - scoring
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 16:58:25 +0100

Hello Thomas and everyone,

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 01:48:59PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> > schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:
> >
> > * point calculating
> >   At last weekend I made the RAC. On RAC all VE/VA station worth
> >   10 points, any other does 2 points. My config was:
> >
> >   COUNTRYLIST=VE
> >   TWO_POINTS
> >   COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS=10
> >   (and there is a file with name VE, which contains all canadian
> >   prefixes)
> >
> >   but Tlf count 2 points for all stations. So I modified the
> >   src/score.c: now if COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS set up, the affected
> >   stations worth really that points, any other does what operator
> >   set it up (depends ONE_POINT, TWO_POINTS or THREE_POINTS).
> >

> As I see it the ONE/TWO/THREE_POINT keyword was not designed to be
> combined with other keywords, e.g. the COUNTRY_LIST one. And there are
> some more scoring keywords going into the same category.

that's true,

> In the past keywords got just added if new contest rules came up. And
> we did not care enough to make them work together.

sad, but that's really true,

> I would suggest a different solution to the problem you had with the
> contest rules, which  may lead us to a somewhat simpler scoring logic.
>
> We have a second set of keywords to define the scoring:
> MY_COUNTRY_POINTS, MY_CONTINENT_POINTS and DX_POINTS.
>
> They work very well together with the COUNTRY_LIST scoring.

presently? When I've tried them, they didn't works with together.
Then I goes to see the source, and I've seen there are handling
or one|two|three_points handling, and one of those were handled,
the function (score()) returns to its caller. With this logic the
use of ONE|TWO|THREE_POINTS options totally ignores the score
handling laters.

> We can
> modify parse_config() so that the keyword TWO_POINTS simply sets the
> above mentioned variables to 2 and drop the 'two_point' handling
> completely from the score() function. Same goes for ONE_POINT and
> THREE_POINT.
>
> I will prepare a patch for testing.
>
> What do you think?

so, dou you mean that will work together after the patch? Sorry
if I misunterstood again something... :)

I think it doesn't matter how should we can solve the problem -
the point is to work.

But I think I don't understand your suggestion exactly. Do you
mean if the ONE|TWO|THREE_POINTS is setting up, you overwrite the
MY_COUNTRY|MY_CONTINENT|DX_POINTS till Tlf parses the config
file? I'm afraid the result will not the same what I descibed.

Just see the rules of RAC:
https://www.rac.ca/en/rac/programmes/contests/files/2013%20Winter%20Contest%20Rules%20and%20Entry%20Form%20-%20English-French.pdf

"QSOs:
Contacts with stations in Canada or VEØs are worth 10 points.
Contacts with stations outside Canada are worth 2 points.
Contacts with RAC official stations are worth 20 points. RAC
official stations are:
VA2RAC, VA3RAC, VE1RAC, VE4RAC, VE5RAC, VE6RAC, VE7RAC,
VE8RAC, VE9RAC, VO1RAC, VO2RAC, VY0RAC, VY1RAC and
VY2RAC. You may work any station once on each of the two modes,
on each of the eight contest bands."

Can you give me an example, how could we set up Tlf for these
scoring rule now, and how when you finish the patch? (I think
the handling of RAC official stations isn't important...)

73,

Ervin
HA2OS

--