tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF & RTTY

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF & RTTY
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 16:02:00 +0100

Hello Ed,

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 09:18:38AM -0500, Ed wrote:
> On 01/04/2014 08:22 AM, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
> >It it's true, what should be the expected result? If the TX macro
> >contains 6 or more LF, Tlf should shows only 1?
>
> No it does not show just 1, but all the excess linefeeds (6 to 8)on
> TX, it shows only RX linefeeds from fldigi and that varies with the
> decoding in fldigi.
>
> Please reread the part of the changelog I am referring to::
>
> tlf-0.9.30
> ==========
> Bug fixes:
>
> RTTY miniterm changed to display line feeds (reading formatted texst
> is easier)
> RTTY now sends linefeeds before and after the macro.
>
> Especially the last line, this has carried over to the current tlf version.
>
> If someone would just test this you will see what I've been saying,
> tlf is sending excess linefeeds (6 to 8) with every macro.

ok, I think I understand - but can't reproduce that.

What do you mean when you say "Tlf macro"? You mean the F1..F12
shortkeys? Eg. CQ, DE, RST, 73, ... and so on macros?

I've checked all of them, from F1 to F9, and as you wrote: Tlf
sends an LF _before_ sends macro, and after it sends also an LF -
but only 3, not 6 to 8...

Note, that 3 LF are enough to run out the text... Is that your
problem?

73,

Ervin
HA2OS