tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:54:33 +0100

Hi Ervin, hi Nate,

I think you both have your points....

RIG_PASSBAND_NORMAL is defined as a special coded width value. Every
rig should interpret that value as 'use the defined _normal_ bandwidth
for that mode. As it seems that there are backends which misses these
behavior I think the problem could be solved at a higher layer, namely
in src/rig.c.

In the code for the rig_set_mode function the width parameter should be
checked against 'RIG_PASSBAND_NORMAL' and then replaced by the value
from rig_passband_normal() before calling the back end code. What do you
think?

Am Fri, 3 Jan 2014 11:06:54 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:

> Btw: I think all of these meditation will NOT solve my
> problem, namely I don't want the Tlf modify the state of filters
> if I change band and/or VFO. :)

Right you are. By design hamlib is not able to simply switch mode
without requesting a bandwidth setting. We could not even ask the
actual bandwidth with a rig_get_mode() before as the rig may be in an
different mode (say SSB) when asked and then we want to switch to CW
but not width the SSB bandwidth.

Btw Nate, from our problems here I would suggest for the new API v3 to
have function calls to get/set the mode and the bandwidth separately.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea