tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Stew Perry review

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Stew Perry review
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:16:00 +0100

Hello all,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 07:07:56AM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Am Sun, 12 Jan 2014 16:01:09 -0500
> schrieb "Pat Collins" <address@hidden>:
> > On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 08:12:46 +0100 Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
> > <address@hidden> wrote
> > >
> > > uhm, how could we get information about the power of other
> > > station?
> > >

> > The power multiplier is 1.5x for LP and 3x for QRP.  The additional
> > points based on the other station wouldn't be available.
> >
> > 7. Score: Final score equals the total number of QSO points.  There
> > is no multiplier for different grids worked.  Stations running more
> > than 5 watts, but no more than 100 watts multiply their score by
> > 1.5. Stations running less 5 watts or less multiply their score by
> > 3.  Scores will be grouped by category.
> >
> Ervin, just as an idea. There is a POWERMULT_1/_2/_5 keyword (see
> parse_logcfg) which is only used for ARRL_FD for now. You could change
> the keyword to POWERMULT=xxx (xxx being the multiplier number) and use
> it also for scoring this contest as well.

I understand all of above, my _real_ question is how can I know
the station IS a QRP? I know, there is a "/QRP" modifier at the
end of callsign, but should we bind this for the scoring?

In other words: if tha station callsign has the '/QRP' pattern,
should we use the 5 multiplier?

And how can I know the station use 100W, which is more that 5,
and it doesn't have '/QRP'?

This is what I don't know... :)

> > For example:  I worked VE7VV in CN88 which gives 7 pts.  Since, I
> > wouldn't know that VE7VV is qrp, TLF would show 21 pts.  When the
> > logs are scored, I would get an additional x4 so the final would be
> > 84pts for that contact.  N1MM would show 21 pts for the contact as
> > well.

but if you don't know the VE7VV is QRP, how Tlf could?

And it's just the QRP (5Watts) category (multiplier), there is
the 100W multi...

I'm confused... :(

73,

Ervin