tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Stew Perry review

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Stew Perry review
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:19:46 +0100

Hello Ervin,

let me try to answer your question. I think you missunderstood Pat here.

Am 13.01.2014 08:16, schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS:
> Hello all,
>
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 07:07:56AM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
>> Am Sun, 12 Jan 2014 16:01:09 -0500
>> schrieb "Pat Collins" <address@hidden>:
>>> On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 08:12:46 +0100 Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
>>> <address@hidden> wrote

You will have NO chance to get that information and should not try to
score that.

>>> The power multiplier is 1.5x for LP and 3x for QRP.  The additional
>>> points based on the other station wouldn't be available.
>>>
>>> 7. Score: Final score equals the total number of QSO points.  There
>>> is no multiplier for different grids worked.  Stations running more
>>> than 5 watts, but no more than 100 watts multiply their score by
>>> 1.5. Stations running less 5 watts or less multiply their score by
>>> 3.  Scores will be grouped by category.

Pat relies here on a final multiplier to the all your points based on
YOUR OWN power (and that you know). Reread the mentioned rule 7 above.
You can state that multiplier via a POWERMULT in your logfile. Multiply
the final score (or maybe the multis by 1, 1.5 or 3 as given by the
POWERMULT and you are done.

Be aware that it requires to adapt the POWERMULT keyword to allow
arbitraryly given multiplier values first.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful."                          Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea