tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support

From: Fabian Kurz
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:27:58 +0100

Hi Ervin,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:14:34PM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 09:54:03PM +0100, Fabian Kurz wrote:
> > > * Would you like to see in worked window, if a station
> > >   sent/received a QTC block previously? If yes, how do you like
> > >   to see?
> > >   I mean, here is an example line from worked window:
> > >   [ 40CW  0097 PJ4A         09         Z]
> > >   and if that station sent a QTC block, that would be:
> > >   [ 40CW  0097 PJ4A         09        QZ]
> > >
> > >   How would you like it?
> >
> > Instead of just showing a "Q" for QTC, it'd be even more convenient to
> > show the number of QTCs sent/received. It often happens that only a
> > part of the 10 possible QTCs are exchanged at first, and if that
> > happens, the "Q" might suggest that one doesn't need to ask again.
>
> just ask: why important is this? And how would useful this? (I
> made only one WAEDC - in last year - and I don't have any
> experience. But since I like QTC too, that's a very great idea!)

this feature (showing the number of needed or exchanged QTCs instead
of just a Q) is in my opinion quite important. Especially as (what I
like to think of) a big gun in WAE (mostly from DL1A) you often just
get less than 10 QTCs on the first try from a station (because they
simply don't have more to offer) and hunting them down later for more
QTCs is very important - WAE even allows to call a station later for
QTCs only, without making another (possibly dupe, if on same band)
QSO.

It may not be too important for "small pistols" who are mainly doing
S&P and calling "big guns" which most of the time should have 10 QTCs
available...

YMMV - just wanted to point this out.

73
Fabian, DJ1YFK

--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK      Munich, Germany
address@hidden         +49 176 24079617