tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:55:08 +0100

Hello Fabian,

thanks for the answer,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:27:58PM +0100, Fabian Kurz wrote:
> Hi Ervin,

> > > Instead of just showing a "Q" for QTC, it'd be even more convenient to
> > > show the number of QTCs sent/received. It often happens that only a
> > > part of the 10 possible QTCs are exchanged at first, and if that
> > > happens, the "Q" might suggest that one doesn't need to ask again.
> >
> > just ask: why important is this? And how would useful this? (I
> > made only one WAEDC - in last year - and I don't have any
> > experience. But since I like QTC too, that's a very great idea!)
>
> this feature (showing the number of needed or exchanged QTCs instead
> of just a Q) is in my opinion quite important. Especially as (what I
> like to think of) a big gun in WAE (mostly from DL1A) you often just
> get less than 10 QTCs on the first try from a station (because they
> simply don't have more to offer) and hunting them down later for more
> QTCs is very important - WAE even allows to call a station later for
> QTCs only, without making another (possibly dupe, if on same band)
> QSO.

the second part of above is clear (a station calls an another for
only QTC, not QSO), but - sorry, may be that's my fault - I don't
see the real reason, why does help to show indicate the number of
QTC in a block?

That's clear, the station doesn't offer any QSO to send as in QTC
- but that's not, why is good for me, if I know _exactly_, how
many QSO was sent in a QTC block.

Do you mean about if a station gives me only 5 QSO in the first
QTC, and if I see that in worked window/bandmap, then I can call
again, and would ask the remain other 5 QSO to complete to the 10?

73,

Ervin
HA2OS

--