tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands - fixed

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands - fixed
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 09:49:13 +0100

Hello Zilvinas,

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 10:30:56AM +0200, Zilvinas, AUGMA wrote:

> Good morning Ervin,
>
> I use latest stable hamlib 12.15.3 from sf

I think you doesn't - but it doesn't matter. In my version
(hamlib 3.0) is same the code...

> My rig capability dump:
> rigctl -m 122 -u | grep VFO  (I wonder what the result of this
> command would show the version you use)
>
> Has targetable VFO: N
> VFO list: VFOA VFOB
> VFO Ops: TOGGLE
> Can set VFO:    N
> Can get VFO:    N
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this is what required.

> Can set Split VFO:    Y
> Can get Split VFO:    Y
> Can ctl Mem/VFO:    Y
>

> Somehow happened that pre1.2.0 tlf's  somehow were able to get frequency...

yes, because there was a bug in Tlf, as I yesterday described: if
the Tlf had started, and read the freq of current VFO, then if
you switch the other VFO, Tlf looses the connection with RIG.

Now Thomas fixed this error, so there is a new line in Tlf
source:

https://github.com/Tlf/tlf/commit/63983b5a9ec77a801603b9d17d5170964d207bee

-           retval = rig_get_freq(my_rig, RIG_VFO_CURR, &rigfreq);
+           retval = rig_get_vfo(my_rig, &vfo); /* initialiue RIG_VFO_CURR */
+           if (retval == RIG_OK)
+               retval = rig_get_freq(my_rig, RIG_VFO_CURR, &rigfreq);

as you can see, here is the new function call.

> If tlf needs this "Has targetable VFO: Y or set/get VFO" then...
> either one need to implement it in hamlib or do some exception in
> tlf for FT-8x7 (-m 120 122 and 123 and probably 2?) rigs.

yes, that's the point.

But.

Now I fixed this problem, so if in case of any RIG, if that
doesn't support the rig_get_vfo(), and hamlib gives not RIG_OK,
but RIG_ENIMPL ("function not implemented, but will be") or
RIG_ENAVAIL ("function not available"), then Tlf goes away
without any error.

Pleas grab the new version of Tlf-WARC:

https://github.com/airween/tlf/tree/warc

or:

https://github.com/airween/tlf/archive/warc.zip

and try that again.

I've checked this version with my RIG with direct, and through
rigctld, and it works correctly.

Hope that's fixed now.

73,

Ervin