tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] hamlib in v1.2.0

From: Zilvinas, AUGMA
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] hamlib in v1.2.0
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:52:08 +0200

On 26/03/14 21:59, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
Hi Zilvis, hi others,

Am Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:42:35 +0200
schrieb "Zilvinas, AUGMA" <address@hidden>:

Good morning!

(I am not developer but...)

Is there any reason to not include this option in configure stage
automatically

'--enable-hamlib' if hamlib-dev are found in the system?

I have learned in the past that automatically dependencies on
installed packages is not a good idea. You may or may not have hamlib
installed. So if we get bug reports that tlf does not work with your
rig we always will have to ask if you have hamlib installed.

I see three ways to handle it:

- keep it as it is,
- do enable it by default and allow a --disable-hamlib or
- require hamlib as a dependency you have always to fulfill or fail to
   build

I am little bit biased to the last option as small hard disk size and
small install time is not as critical as 10 years ago. And most OMs do
use rig control today.

What do you all out there think about that?

73, de Tom

You named very good arguments Thomas. Thanks!
I'd say - keep it as it is.

Sorry for QRMing the topic

73! from ly2ss