tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Macros

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Macros
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 09:13:17 +0200

Hello Ed,

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 03:41:34PM -0400, Ed wrote:
> I have always used the rules file for the macros. But using qso mode, I
> had to place them in the logcfg.dat file. I did edit the macros, does
> that make the difference ?

the short answer is no :).

In details, the answer is also no, but keep it mind these:

there are two function calls in main.c:

572.    status = read_logcfg(); /* read the configuration file */
573.    status |= read_rules(); /* read the additional contest rules in
"rules/contestname"  LZ3NY */

All functions opens its own config file: the read_logfcg has the
main "logcfg.dat". read_rules() called after read_logcfg()
had finished, and it parses that file, which you put in the
logcfg.dat, so that's no constant.

Both function call the parse_logcfg(), which knows all
configuration option.

So, if you don't use a unique option/macro in both place, then
there isn't any difference, where you put it. If you placed it
both file (logcfg.dat and rule file), then in most cases the last
occurence will be used - but there are some exception, where Tlf
founds that, it will use only the first occurence, eg.
COUNTRY_LIST.

And the answer for your question: you don't need to use rule
file(s), it's just an option to help separate the general
options, and contest specific options.

But you can use more rule files that one, if you want to split to
more piece your options.

And as I see, there isn't handle the recursion, so don't put the
RULES option to the rule file with same argument. :)

Hope this helps to clarify.

73,

Ervin
HA2OS