tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] CQ WW RTTY special rules

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] CQ WW RTTY special rules
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:36:04 -0400

On 09/29/2014 02:14 PM, Zilvinas, AUGMA wrote:

Hi all,

I did my first RTTY contest with TLF/fldigi. Overall quite a nice
experience!

I have a question what is the usual count the calling station issues
it's callsign in S&P mode during RTTY contests?
I have an impression it's two or even three times... (because of QRMs).
I thought maybe there could be an parameter implemented:

S&P_MESSAGE % %   (% if omitted, current DEFAULT behavior)

This way once S&P stations presses ENTER, it's callsign would be
trasmitted two times.

I hope more experienced hams could tell if this is meaningful...

73 Zilvis LY2SS

Yes, at least 2 times. As Tlf is now coded for S&P your call is only sent once and it uses whatever you entered in the logcfg.dat file for CALL.

My work around is to put my call in CALL 2 times. You may have to edit the logcfg and your log before you generate the cabrillo.

Or you just use F2.

Ed W3NR