tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Enter and log

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Enter and log
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 09:09:51 +0100

Hi Ed,

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 05:10:37PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> On 11/06/2015 04:15 PM, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> >Hi Ed,
> >
> >On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 03:38:43PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> >>I cannot get enter to send the CQ message in log mode. What am I missing ?
> >
> >I'm afraid, there isn't any function what you're writing about.
> >
> >- if you are in any field (callsign or exchange), and the
> >   callsign field is empty, the ENTER has no effect. The mode is all
> >   the same.
> >- if you want to send the CQ message, then you need to press F1;
> >   for AUTO_CQ, you have to press F12.
> >

> >73, Ervin
> >

> Well not according to the man page or the old documentation.
>
> Making a contest qso in CQ Mode (TRlog compatible)
>
> 1: Press ENTER to start the F12 message ("CQ TEST YOURCALL...") or F1
>
> and this from the man page.
>
>   Enter  Smart key for contest  mode:  Calls  CQ,  Calls  station,
> Sends exchange, Logs the QSO.
>
> So this is what I was going by.

well, you're absolutely right - but looks like you've found a bug
in documentation.

Now I've re-chechked the source code, and I'm sure, this function
is discontinued. If you're expert in C, you can re-check too: the
affected files are callinput.c and getexchange.c.

In callinput.c, in line 503 starts the pressing of "ENTER" event
handling. You can see, there aren't any fork to start send
message, or start auto CQ mode. In getexchange.c, you can find
also the "case '\n':" line, and check the code.

Sorry for the old manpage - there is on my todo list, to review
the Tlf documentation, and make a good and usable on/offline
document for Tlf.

73, Ervin
HA2OS

--