tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] code indenting?

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] code indenting?
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 06:21:56 -0600

* On 2018 24 Jan 23:34 -0600, Thomas Beierlein wrote:

> > GNU indent is a powerful tool for C source formatting and present in
> > any modern Linux distro. We could define a common style simply by
> > setting up an .indent.pro file.
> > see http://www.gnu.org/software/indent/manual/indent.html#SEC4
> >
> For a similar way you can look up the hamlib mailing list. They use
> astyle now.

I recommend astyle only for the fact that it can do some things GNU
indent does not.  It works well for getting the variety of coding styles
found in the Hamlib code base somewhat close to what I want.  I still go
through and hand massage the files a bit more.

> - I further had a look into the Travis CI which integrates neatly with
>   the github working flow. Maybe we should use it to do common checks
>   on the code automatically.

I'd not heard of this.  More info, Tom?

73, Nate