tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Directly key ic-7300?

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Directly key ic-7300?
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 18:42:42 +0200

Hi Eric,

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 12:06:37PM -0400, Eric Tamme wrote:
> I have an IC-7300 which has direct USB serial keying capability.

do you mean you can keying through CAT?

> Does TLF support this?

if your answer is yes above, I can say no :).

> Or do I need some third party daemon (not
> sure if cwdaemon supports this) to be able to receive the
> commands, then key the radio.

if you don't want to use RIG CAT _and_ this keying, you can do
that with a 3rd party app (but I don't know any application which
knows this feature).

Anyway, I think cwdaemon doesn't need so much modification to
handle this, but I'm afraid the final result will not enough.
Once upon I viewed K3 manual and RIG commands. The main problem
is that the buffer is in RIG (especially the K3) is not so big
(as I remember 25 chars). It would be enough in more cases, but
you need to control the actual size of avaliable space. Another
problem that I couldn't find any command, which stops sending of
CW immediate (may be I was careless...)

> Sorry for all the questions - still trying to get this all
> figured out.

you don't need to apologize, just let me know all of them! :)

Btw: HA5CQZ Zoli plans to rewrite the hamlib related code, may be
then we can implement a built-in keyer, which uses hamlib:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tlf-devel/2018-09/msg00003.html

I see some minimal chance to make it (the built-in keyer).

73, Ervin