tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] v1.4 topics

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: [Tlf-devel] v1.4 topics
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 21:34:39 +0100

Hi Tom,

Some topics from my backlog:

* improve the "grab a spot while in run mode" use case:
    - while CQing user grabs a spot using Alt-G
    - mode switches to Log, freq is saved
    - change: as soon as the QSO is logged (or Esc'ed) mode+freq
        switch back automatically
        (i.e. no need to press # and +)
    - advanced mode: if supported by radio VFO-B
        could be used to receive both freqs.

* grab on-screen spots only ("WYSIWYG"):
    - use case: screen is full of cluster spots; user wants to jump to DL1ABC;
        by mistake types DL2; Alt-G jumps to DL2XYZ that is also spotted
        but was not visible.
        result: user is confused.
    - on the other hand jumping to an off-screen spot could make sense
        if one knows from another source that the station was spotted.

* switch to hamlib's freq_t for frequencies:
    tlf currently typically uses kHz values as floats
    demo of a rounding error: https://repl.it/repls/EasyForcefulPackage

73,
Zoli