top10-devel

[Top10-devel] MOre on rendering ..

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Top10-devel] MOre on rendering ..
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:44:02 +0100

I have looked a bit at the rain and stuff, and they should be simple to do, since rain and such are 'effects' that you do 'in addition' to rendering the picture.

What I meant with horisontal is that the view cannot 'lean' if the cart moves ( in the air and such ) , this is a great cheat since you just render from yourself to infinity ... on a plane, this doesn't mean that the ground have to be 'flat' ... only yur view ..

I think it is worth a little thought on how to build a better track :-) .. if there is nice tools for it, then one can reduce the detail to what one can handle and then add detail later .. even if one got a nice detailed model ..

Also I think I shall look at some other games and how they handle it .. ( the 'special effects' ).

 / Segerlund.