toutdoux-list

Re: [ToutDoux-list] Want to use it

From: Philippe Roy
Subject: Re: [ToutDoux-list] Want to use it
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:35:56 +0200

Hi,

> I would like to be able to track these events as they go along. The
> system
> I imagine would be able to write reports for
>  - The list of activities during a specific period of time.
>  - The status of my research papers at a given point in time.
>
> By status, I mean the list of events that happened to this paper,
> especially the most recent one.
>

> Would you say that ToutDoux is already useable for such a task?
> I would love to help by writing documentation and report on my
> experience.

All are available. With the template editor you can change the plan of
actions. You can add and remove colums of tree. When you click in a
selected row, you active the pop menu of the column. You can change the
content of the pop menu (the differentes states for exemple). You can see a
exemple of template parameters with templates joined (open a template and
edit the template).

For reporting activities, You can use SQL console, for exemple "SELECT *
FROM tasks WHERE status = 'submitted';".
But SQL console crashed when you opening of the window, sorry, it's fixed.

Actualy, the CVS of ToutDoux is realy not usable, but all new features is
added (undo-redo, multi-views, guile (scripting), xml2, xslt (filters) and
a big recast of the parameters organization). I'm in debug/solidification
phase, next or after next week. If you want I can add the template of your
case to the standard templates.

A+
philou