tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] auth-ldap module for tpop3d

From: Chris Lightfoot
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] auth-ldap module for tpop3d
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:12:26 +0000

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:17:55PM +0100, Prune wrote:
    [...]
> I just have a problem, regarding the stringmap.c file.
> I had a conf line never found by my module.
> I added some debug (badly printf) in stringmap.c as follow :
    [...]
> As you can probably see :
> -when parsing the conf for directive "aaa", it checks first between
> "listen-address"
> - then "" (nothing.... why ? there are no empty lines in the conf file...)
> -then "auth-mysql-mail-group"
> AND THAT'S ALL !!!!
> :)
>
> why ?
>
> I simply tried to order my config file (sort...). then everything goes
> well. (but it checks with every line in the conf each time... not really
> optimized).
>
> Could we concider this a bug ?
> I don't really understand the algo used in stringmap_find....

I'm not sure what your complaint is-- is it failing to
find the `aaa' key after it's been inserted, or that it is
not very efficient in this case? Per the comment at the
top of stringmap.c, it doesn't try to balance the tree at
all....

If it's failing to find the entry at all, well, that's
more serious....

> I'm cleanning the code and converting it from the "auth_mysql.c" name to
> "auth_ldap.c". Then it will be released as a patch.
> stay tuned.

Excellent. Are you happy for me to integrate it into the
distribution? Also, could you tell me how to set up a
minimal LDAP installation so that I can try it out on my
machine.

--
 ``How come we play war and not peace?''
 ``Too few role models.'' (Calvin And Hobbes)