Re: Tramp and Zope.

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp and Zope.
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 22:09:09 +0200

address@hidden (Artur Maciąg) writes:

> address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Oh, sorry.  Please replace let with let* in that function.  (In the
>> function tramp-run-real-handler.)  If it still fails, the *tramp/foo*
>> buffer, the *debug tramp/foo* buffer and a backtrace would be nice.
>
>  After C-x C-f /ftp:address@hidden:/artgabi/portfolio/index_html

>  *Backtrace* :
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Not a tramp file name:
> /tmp/#!ftp:address@hidden:!artgabi!portfolio!index_html#")

This is not good, but does it work, as a workaround, to set
tramp-auto-save-directory?  For example, I use:

(setq tramp-auto-save-directory "~/.tramp/")

You need to create this directory, too.

I wonder why was Tramp called on that non-Tramp file.  It's probably
got something to do with autosaving, but what?

kai