Re: Strange error when doing M-g on a group in Gnus

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Strange error when doing M-g on a group in Gnus
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 17:33:37 +0200

>> Does C-x C-f /ftp: RET invoke file-name-all-completions?  I'd be
>> surprised, but you never know...
>
> Deactivate `partial-completion-mode', and activate the 2nd
> tramp-message in `tramp-completion-file-name-handler'. You'll be
> surprised.

I tried "emacs -q -no-site-file", then added ~/work/gnu/tramp/lisp/
to load-path, then (require 'tramp), then (setq tramp-debug-buffer
t), then I commented out the first tramp-message call in that
function, did C-x C-f /ftp: RET, and this is what I got:

/----[ *debug tramp/ssh ftp* ]
\----

/----[ *debug tramp/nil nil* ]
| # substitute-in-file-name (/ftp:)
| # expand-file-name (/ftp: nil)
\----

I see no completion here.  I wonder why you are seeing a different
behavior.  Is it because I use CVS Emacs?

kai