Re: Dealing with strange shell prompts

From: Pete Forman
Subject: Re: Dealing with strange shell prompts
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 10:21:51 +0100

At 2002-09-09 11:29 +1000, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> That's good.  Now the question is, do IRIX and AIX have an "env"
> program?  These two versions of Unix seemed to have caused the most
> trouble previously.

Irix 5.3 does according to a google on 'Irix env(1)', since it has the
man page. AIX is less helpful, and shows no useful answer.

I've tested env on IRIX 6.5 and AIX 4.3. Every standard UNIX platform should have env.

The man page for env on AIX is available at

There are links to man pages for many OSs at

Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent
address@hidden    -./\.-   opinion of Schlumberger, Baker           -./\.-   Hughes or their divisions.