Re: Tramp and NT-Emacs with plink

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp and NT-Emacs with plink
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:30:13 +0200

Douglas Gray Stephens <address@hidden> writes:

> I have downloaded 2.0.16 from the CVS archive on
>  address@hidden:/cvsroot/tramp
> and tried it out, and I only need set
>  (setq tramp-password-end-of-line "\r\n")
> and otherwise the code works without modification.

That's good news!

> I have noticed that
>  1.  I cannot use
>        /hostname:file
>      as it does not get the password prompt, while
>        /address@hidden:file
>      works.

Hm.  Can you (setq tramp-debug-buffer t) and show me a debug buffer
for the former case, and a debug buffer for the latter case, to
compare?  (Buffer *debug tramp/foo*.)

>  2.  The code is always uploading the perl code for encoding/decoding,
>      while before I could use the existing binary mimencode on the
>      remote host.

I did this because I'm lazy.  I recently added a change so that this
code is only uploaded for inline methods (not for out-of-band
methods), but at the time the code is uploaded Tramp does not know
yet whether it will use it.

I hope I will get around to improving this someday.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)