Re: Tramp and NT-Emacs with plink

From: Douglas Gray Stephens
Subject: Re: Tramp and NT-Emacs with plink
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:42:15 +0100

GKai,

At 13:09 (GMT+0200) on 13-September-2002, Kai Großjohann wrote:
 > Douglas Gray Stephens <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > > I spoke to soon.  I am able to read files (which is what I was doing
 > > yesterday), but it appears that I cannot write files -- I think the
 > > file is actually written, but tramp reports an error
 > >  Method `plink' should specify both encoding and decoding command or an
 > > rcp program
 >
 > Hm.  What do the following return at that spot?
 >
 > (tramp-get-remote-encoding multi-method method user host)
 > (tramp-get-remote-decoding multi-method method user host)
 > (tramp-get-local-encoding multi-method method user host)
 > (tramp-get-local-decoding multi-method method user host)
 >
 > multi-method is nil, method should be "plink", and user and host are
 > obvious I think.

(tramp-get-remote-encoding nil "plink" "gray" "gray-linux-scr")
"mimencode -b"

(tramp-get-remote-decoding nil "plink" "gray" "gray-linux-scr")
"mimencode -u -b"

(tramp-get-local-encoding nil "plink" "gray" "gray-linux-scr")
base64-encode-region

(tramp-get-local-decoding nil "plink" "gray" "gray-linux-scr")
base64-decode-region

It looks as if the remote file is updated, but tramp thinks there was
a problem.

I also noticed while getting this information that
find-file
 /address@hidden:work/temp.pl
appears to fail with an error
 Not a tramp file name: d:/temp/address@hidden

I guess that I'm clashing with some regular expressions.  The full
*Messages* buffer is appended.

Cheers,

Douglas.

--

================================
Douglas GRAY STEPHENS

Phone  +44 1223 325295
Mobile +44 773 0051628
Fax    +44 1223 311830
Email address@hidden
================================

tramp: Setting shell prompt
tramp: Remote `/bin/sh' groks tilde expansion, good
tramp: Finding command to check if file exists
tramp: Finding a suitable `ls' command
tramp: Checking remote `/export/home/gray/bin/ls' command for `-n' option
tramp: Checking remote `/bin/ls' command for `-n' option
tramp: Testing remote command `/bin/ls' for -n...
tramp: Testing remote command `/bin/ls' for -n...okay
tramp: Using remote command `/bin/ls' for getting directory listings
tramp: Sending the Perl `file-attributes' implementation.
tramp: Sending the Perl `mime-encode' implementations.
tramp: Sending the Perl `mime-decode' implementations.
tramp: Checking remote encoding command `mimencode -b' for sanity
tramp: Checking remote decoding command `mimencode -u -b' for sanity
tramp: Checking to see if encoding/decoding commands work on remote host...
tramp: Checking to see if encoding/decoding commands work on remote host...done
tramp: Finding true name for `/plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl'
tramp: Check /home
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home
tramp: Check /home/gray
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray
tramp: Check /home/gray/work
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work
tramp: Check /home/gray/work/temp.pl
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl
tramp: True name of `/plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl' is
`/home/gray/work/temp.pl'
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl
tramp: Finding true name for `/plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl'
tramp: Check /home
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home
tramp: Check /home/gray
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray
tramp: Check /home/gray/work
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work
tramp: Check /home/gray/work/temp.pl
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl
tramp: True name of `/plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl' is
`/home/gray/work/temp.pl'
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl
tramp: Encoding remote file /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl...
tramp: Decoding remote file /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl...
Mark set
tramp: Decoding remote file /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl with
function base64-decode-region...
Wrote d:/Temp/tramp.2232-pd
tramp: Decoding remote file /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl...done
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl
tramp: Inserting local temp file `d:/Temp/tramp.2232-pd'...
tramp: file attributes with perl: /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl
tramp: Inserting local temp file `d:/Temp/tramp.2232-pd'...done
Not a tramp file name: d:/temp/address@hidden