parsing out banners

From: Richard A Ryan
Subject: parsing out banners
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:29:31 +0000

Hi,

I hope this isn't the wrong place to be sending this,
but I would like to suggest that tramp have the capability
of parsing out banners.  Where I work, and I've been told
elsewhere as well, there are banners flashed to screen
for every connection made even when connecting with scp,
rcp, rsh, ssh, and so on.  This confuses TRAMP.  Maybe
TRAMP could have some variable to specify a program that could
be used to filter these things rather than having the filtering
built into TRAMP.

Thanks,