Re: Getting TRAMP 2.0.25 working in NT Emacs 21.2.1 with Cygwin 1.3.12-1

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Getting TRAMP 2.0.25 working in NT Emacs 21.2.1 with Cygwin 1.3.12-1
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 19:39:32 +0200

Francis Litterio <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, this is a hack.

Yes.  I feel quite uncomfortable about it.  Two voices are speaking
inside me.  OT1H I want Tramp to work for Cygwin users, too, but on
the other hand it's not my fault that Cygwin does such strange
things.  After all, Cygwin's scp could also look to see if the
seemingly-remote filename is really remote.

There once was a function in Tramp which stripped the drive letter in
Windows filenames, I wonder where it's gone.  Apparently, it's not
needed anymore.  Does anyone know details?

kai