Calling make remotely

From: Felix E. Klee
Subject: Calling make remotely
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:16:01 +0100

Hi,

I am developing on remote computers that are faster than my client computer.
To edit source files I use TRAMPs ssh-mode. This works very well. However, I
don't know what is the best way to run Makefiles on the remote machines.
Currently I am using EMACS compile command with parameters like "ssh host
\"cd some/directory; make target1 target2\"". Are there any other less
cumbersome ways to execute make on the remote machine?

Felix