Re: tramp ($Id: tramp.el,v 2.95 2002/04/10 17:16:25 kaig Exp $); Tempora

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp ($Id: tramp.el,v 2.95 2002/04/10 17:16:25 kaig Exp $); Temporary file names broken on Sharp Zaurus
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:26:15 +0100

Gregory Grubbs <address@hidden> writes:

> I can browse directories using dired with no problem.  The first file
> I visit from dired opens just fine.  All subsequent attempts to open
> files simply re-open the first file.  The function
> 'tramp-make-temp-file' is getting called the first time, but not on
> subsequent files.  Instead, the previous temporary file name is
> reused!
>
> If I kill the first buffer, then I can open another file ... though of
> course, never two files at the same time!
>
> The path shown at the top of a representative dired buffer is:
> /[scp/address@hidden/root/Applications/addressbook:

Whee.  Hm.  First of all, your Tramp is quite old.  Did you get it
from SourceForge?  The most recent version of Tramp is 2.0.28 (new
numbering scheme, corresponds to old numbering 2.263 -- you have
2.95).  It's available from savannah.gnu.org/projects/tramp.

If the problem still happens with the new Tramp, then I'll tell you
what you could do to provide me with more data.

Thanks.
--
Ambibibentists unite!