RE: filename completion ntemacs cygwin latest tramp - problem with eieio

From: Thomas Haselberger
Subject: RE: filename completion ntemacs cygwin latest tramp - problem with eieio ?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:19:00 +0100

Michael,

> A silly workaround is to require Ange-FTP before Tramp in your
> .emacs. Tramp will cleanup file-name-handler-alist. (Hmm. Maybe I
> shall put it into the doc).

Ok, this works fine.
And yes, would be good to have a hint for that in the doc.

> If you want to find the cause of your problem, you can apply the
> following patch to Ange-FTP temporarily. You need to close Emacs, and
> start it again. There will be a backtrace showing who's loading
> Ange-FTP:

strange. I moved the original ange-ftp.elc out of the way,
applied your patch and tried to reproduce the problem
(password prompt from ange-ftp when trying to complete filename) -
this was not possible - no problem occuring,
completion works as expected.

switched back to original ange-ftp.el - problem is there again.

any ideas why this happens ?

regards,
        tom