Re: Makefiles changed

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Makefiles changed
Date: 26 Mar 2003 07:49:59 +0100

Tim Connors <address@hidden> writes:

> Heh. Not knowing how to use autoconf (I swear I will learn one day :), I

Let's do it just now: cd to the Tramp directory, and call `autoconf'.

Lesson finished.

> tried it at work, and it failed. It turns out that the autoconf here is
> yet another testament as to why I really really hate ancient linux
> installs :)

I've declared autoconf 2.50 as prerequisite, because (according to
the ChangeLog) there have been major changes, f.e. with the AC_INIT
macro. So I propose you install a recent version (2.57 is the latest,
I guess).

This prerequisite can be deactivated by commenting out
"AC_PREREQ([2.50])" in configure.ac. If somebody is successfull with
an older autoconf version please let me know, so I can weaken this
one.