Re: Implementing file-attributes with "stat"?

From: Yuji Yamano
Subject: Re: Implementing file-attributes with "stat"?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:38:34 +0900 (JST)

Adrian Phillips <address@hidden> writes:

>     Kai> How portable is stat?  Does it behave similarly on all
>
> It isn't - I noticed that Norbert Koch mentioned FreeBSD not having
> it, AIX 4.x doesn't have it. If there were a GNU version it might be
> easier to use that falling back to perl if it didn't exist.

Darwin doesn't have it. NetBSD 1.6 or later has it. But it was written
by NetBSD developers and I think it is a bit different from GNU's one.

address@hidden uname -psr
NetBSD 1.6.1_STABLE alpha
address@hidden stat -x .cshrc
  File: ".cshrc"
  Size: 173          FileType: Regular File
  Mode: (0644/-rw-r--r--)         Uid: (13001/ yyamano)  Gid: (   31/   guest)
Device: 29,2   Inode: 1721451    Links: 1
Access: Tue Aug 26 23:28:05 2003
Modify: Tue Feb 26 05:18:05 2002
Change: Mon Jan 27 02:10:17 2003

You can see the man page at:

http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?stat++NetBSD-current

--
Yuji Yamano <address@hidden>
  The music spread everywhere. In the mouth. In the armpits. In the crotch.