Re: tramp (2.0.36); su and sudo hangs on FreeBSD when saving file

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.36); su and sudo hangs on FreeBSD when saving file
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:34:12 +0800

Norbert Koch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dryice Liu <address@hidden> writes:
>
> I can't try sudo, because the prompt pattern leads to a login failed
> (same old story :-)).  I've attached the tramp/sudo buffer

Don't know your problem. And here is a trick:
I added myself in /usr/local/etc/sudoers with "NOPASSWD: ALL" so I
don't need to enter password everytime :)

>> (load-library "tramp")
>> (setq tramp-debug-buffer t)
>
> IIRC, you have to issue these two commands the other way round to get
> a debug buffer.

Thanks, I switched these two commands and got the debug info. I've
attached the buffer. It looks everything is good till the "Waiting for
remote host to process data..." message. I wait a long time till I hit
C-g.

Thanks,
--
Dryice