Re: tramp (2.0.36); su and sudo hangs on FreeBSD when saving file

From: kai . grossjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.36); su and sudo hangs on FreeBSD when saving file
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 15:51:20 +0200 (MEST)

> address@hidden wrote:
>
> > I see.  What does C-h v tramp-chunksize RET say?
>
> It's nil and the code in the doc string result:
> "Bytes sent: 1000     Bytes received:
> xxxxx [[... other x'es elided ...]]
>
> > Does it help to (setq tramp-chunksize 500)?
>
> Yes. Thank you. Now everything works well. my (emacs-version) is "GNU
>  Emacs 21.3.1 (i386--freebsd, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
>  2003-04-19". And please find my (tramp-bug) output in my first post.

Okay, so we should tell Tramp to use that value on FreeBSD systems.

But I feel that something is fishy: I thought there were only problems on
one OS (HP-UX?), but then somebody came along with the new version (9?) of
Redhat, and now you are saying it fails under FreeBSD.  Hm.

--
I just moved and started a new job.  Without Internet access
in my new home, response times will be high :-(