Resend: ftp & multi-hop?

From: sp1ff
Subject: Resend: ftp & multi-hop?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:09:37 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Herstine <address@hidden> [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 03:48 PM
To: address@hidden
Subject: ftp & multi-hop?

Hi all,

I would like to connect to an ftp server in two hops.  One over `sshx'
to a server behind a firewall, and thence via ftp to a second server
inside that firewall.  Now I understand that 'ftp isn't a member of
`tramp-multi-connection-function-alist', so this isn't supported
out-of-the-box.

My question is: how feasible would it be to add it?  I added sshx with
no troubles.  I then tried ftp with no luck.  A quick look at the
source indicates that tramp delegates all ftp work to ange-ftp.
Before I run down a rabbit hole, is this going to present a problem if
I want to use ftp as a hop in a multi-hop method?

Thanks,

--
  Michael Herstine

    [ e-mail address@hidden o ICQ 198685593 ]