Re: Running tramp under cygwin

From: Jian Li
Subject: Re: Running tramp under cygwin
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:12:50 +0100

Enter your bug report in this message, including as much detail as you
possibly can about the problem, what you did to cause it and what the
local and remote machines are.

If you can give a simple set of instructions to make this bug happen
reliably, please include those.  Thank you for helping kill bugs in
TRAMP.

Another useful thing to do is to put (setq tramp-debug-buffer t) in
the ~/.emacs file and to repeat the bug.  Then, include the contents
of the *tramp/foo* buffer and the *debug tramp/foo* buffer in your bug
report.

--bug report follows this line--
Connection failed under cygwin environment. The tramp receive the package for
the server, but I think it can't interpret the packages. Here is the debug
information from *tramp/ssh address@hidden
Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
I think this is the key of the problem
Another information from the buffer of *debug trmap/ssh address@hidden
# Opening connection for address@hidden using sshx...
# Waiting for prompts from remote shell
# Waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell

Any way, finally, the connection is  successfully constructed by using the
plink method

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Jacky

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195)
 of 2004-03-10 on NYAUMO
Package: tramp (2.0.39)

current state:
==============
(setq
 tramp-ls-command nil
 tramp-test-groks-nt nil
 tramp-file-exists-command nil
 tramp-current-multi-method nil
 tramp-current-method nil
 tramp-current-user nil
 tramp-current-host nil
 tramp-auto-save-directory nil
 tramp-default-method "plink"
 tramp-rsh-end-of-line "\n"
 tramp-default-password-end-of-line "\n"
 tramp-remote-path '("/bin" "/usr/bin" "/usr/sbin" "/usr/local/bin"
       "/usr/ccs/bin" "/local/bin" "/local/freeware/bin"
       "/local/gnu/bin" "/usr/freeware/bin" "/usr/pkg/bin"
       "/usr/contrib/bin")
 tramp-login-prompt-regexp ".*ogin: *"