Re: multihop with su

From: pascal carrie
Subject: Re: multihop with su
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:56:00 +0200 (CEST)

ok it does not work
i send you the complete bug report (i had to
dpkg-reconfigure tramp for acceding the bug-tramp
hope it's help
thanks
pascal

/multi:ssh:address@hidden:/etc/iptables:su:address@hidden
in command line i obtain this message
wrong type of argument integerp, "usuario"
my emacs file look like:
(setq tramp-debug-buffer t)
(setq password-cache nil)

*tramp/multi address@hidden:*:
address@hidden's password:

*tramp/multi address@hidden:*
# Opening `multi' connection...
# Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
sh-2.05b$ # Sending rlogin command `ssh proto -l
usuario'
# Waiting for prompts from remote shell
# Waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell
# Sending password

but if i try a second times it simply hang
i can see whith ps in both case:
ssh proto -l usuario

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X
toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2004-04-07 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: tramp (2.0.39)

current state:
==============
(setq
 tramp-ls-command nil
 tramp-test-groks-nt nil
 tramp-file-exists-command nil
 tramp-current-multi-method nil
 tramp-current-method nil
 tramp-current-user nil
 tramp-current-host nil
 tramp-auto-save-directory nil
 tramp-default-method "ssh"
 tramp-rsh-end-of-line "\n"
 tramp-default-password-end-of-line "\n"
 tramp-remote-path '("/bin" "/usr/bin" "/usr/sbin"
"/usr/local/bin"
                     "/usr/ccs/bin" "/local/bin"
"/local/freeware/bin"
                     "/local/gnu/bin" "/usr/freeware/bin"
"/usr/pkg/bin"
                     "/usr/contrib/bin")
 tramp-login-prompt-regexp ".*ogin: *"
 tramp-password-prompt-regexp
"^.*\\([pP]assword\\|passphrase.*\\):
 --- Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
escribió: > pascal carrie <address@hidden>
writes:

> >  when it does not hang i obtain the too files:
> > debug tramp/multi address@hidden:*
> > # Opening `multi' connection...
> > # Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
> > sh-2.05b$ # Sending rlogin command `ssh proto -l
> > usuario'
>
> That means the first hop has been successfull.
>
> > # Waiting for prompts from remote shell
> > # Waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell
> > # Sending password
> >
> > and  *tramp/multi address@hidden:*
> > address@hidden's password:
>
> So it has reached the second hop. But it didn't
> asked you ...
>
> Oops, I've just discovered that password caching is
> not working
> correctly for multi-hops. So please disable this
> feature by
> (setq password-cache nil) in your .emacs.
>
> > hope it help you
> > thanks
> > pascal
>
> Best regards, Michael.

Correo Yahoo! - 6MB, más protección contra el spam ¡Gratis!
http://correo.yahoo.es