Re: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64

From: Nelson E Ingersoll
Subject: Re: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:32:34 -0600

Good morning Kai and Michael,

   I have a hopefully helpful report to make.  I apologize for taking
several days to respond.  Lot's of work and not enough hands.  One has
to leave time for gaming and sleep!  9-)

   Following Kai's instructions I reduced the tramp-chunksize value to
1.  Good call.   It did take FOREVER to complete; however, complete it
did.  Following that success I started increasing tramp-chunksize 2X
iteratively until failure.  I restarted Emacs cleanly every test thereby
forcing the entire loading sequence to be performed.

   When I set tramp-chunksize to 128 there was failure.  Knowing full
well that 127 is really the boundary value, I dropped tramp-chunksize to
127 and re-tested.  Connection and subsequent communication worked with
tramp-chunksize set to 127.  Obviously something is limited to 127 bytes
under Tru64.  Presumably the next question is what is limited?

   I can report that, as far as Tru64 v4.0d is concerned, setting
tramp-chunksize to 127 works for me.  If there are other tests, or if
you wish me to provide one or more debugging logs please let me know.  I
am happy, no delighted, to help the community.

- Nelson Ingersoll

--
Nelson E. Ingersoll
I.T. Senior Systems Engineer