Re: tramp (2.1.4); Corrupted files with syntax highliting

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.4); Corrupted files with syntax highliting
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:07:46 +0100

"Douglas K. Rand" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've tried values of tramp-chunksize from 700 down to 10, and all
> values caused corrupted files. (I didn't re-start Emacs between
> changes, simply did (setq tramp-chunksize <value>) and then modified
> and saved the file.

This wasn't enough. tramp-chunksize is evaluated during connection
setup, and set buffer local to *tramp/ssh foo*. Either you change it
being in that buffer, or you delete the buffer after changing it
globally somewhere else. The connection is reestablished when you save
the file next time.

Or you restart Emacs.

Best regards, Michael.

PS: A workaround for you could be to use scp instead of ssh. It
doesn't use inline transfer, and doesn't enter the process-send-string
trap therefore.