Re: Reverting *Locate* buffers.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Reverting *Locate* buffers.
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:13:58 -0500 (CDT)

T. V. Raman wrote:

   While on the error message regarding tramp, I've found that tramp
   being around causes *a lot* of recursive expand file calls ---
   try running edebug on anything that calls expand-file-name to see
   what I mean.

   Basically, tramp should only fire on the  "head" of the path
   being expanded -- at present it appears to fire for *each* path
   component.

Just as a general question to everybody interested (not just to the
person in the "To" field):

Where do we stand now in this thread?  Obviously, I can not implement
David's suggestion as long as there is this error message (assuming it
would not give other problems, even without that message, which I can
not test).

Do I just commit my previously sent patch, or do we have the feeling
that there are bugs in Tramp which should be reported?  Note that
Tramp is independently maintained by tramp-devel, which I have CC-ed,
rather than by emacs-devel.  I believe that the people maintaining
Tramp also read emacs-devel, but I am not sure that they have followed
this thread.

Sincerely,

Luc.