Re: ssh method on emacs W32 and ssh from cygwin

From: emacs user
Subject: Re: ssh method on emacs W32 and ssh from cygwin
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:23:57 -0400

From: Adrian Phillips <address@hidden>
To: "emacs user" <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:13:23 +0200

    >> Tramp calls "bash" on your local machine, which doesn't return
    >> any output (empty buffer "*tramp/scp address@hidden"). Is
    >> this what you want as local shell on your Windows XP machine?

    Anonymous> thanks for the quick reply.  yes, this is what I would
    Anonymous> want, and I would like this to be the cygwin bash.  I
    Anonymous> dont suppose you would know how I could make that
    Anonymous> happen?

Well, which ssh daemon are you running under Windows - is it the
cygwin installed sshd or a Windows sshd ?

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

this might be the issue... I want it to be the cygwin installed one. (I dont suppose windows XP comes with one installed?) what do I need to do for this?

Search—Your way, your world, right now! http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/searchlaunch/?locale=en-us&FORM=WLMTAG