Re: tramp 2.1.7 Problem with tramp-smb: file no longer exists, type "g"

From: twurgl
Subject: Re: tramp 2.1.7 Problem with tramp-smb: file no longer exists, type "g" to revert
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:11:55 -0500

I added the patch line.  It seems to still need the first "g" to revert it and
after that if I dired that first /Share dir, it doesn't
need the "g".
But it still doesn't let me goto a dired that I *can* get to via the smbclient
command line.

One thing I see is that the *tramp and *debug buffers do have the correct list
of entries in the desired dir that failed via dired.
How does the
package get its output back into dired format?  This still fails with the same
error (...hit g to revert) but there is no error in the
*tramp or *debug
buffers.....curiouser and curiouser...

The "\" was part of a domain name I deleted.

thanks
tom

             Michael Albinus <address@hidden>

             11/20/2006 01:22 AM
                                                               Tom Wurgler
<address@hidden>

                                                   cc
                                                               Tramp
Development List <address@hidden>

                                              Subject
                                                               Re: tramp 2.1.7
Problem with tramp-smb: file no longer exists, type
                                                               "g" to revert

Tom Wurgler <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Tom,

> Here's the info you asked for.

Thanks. The first problem you've reported (you need to revert the
dired buffer once you have entered another share) I could fix locally
here. Please check the appended patch whether it works for you too.

The other problem (directories in a share are not recognised) I
couldn't reproduce here. Maybe it was caused by the same bug?

>> (defun shared ()
>>   (interactive)
>>   (dired "/smb:address@hidden:/Share"))

Just being curious: What is the backslash in your name good for?

> Thanks for any assistance getting this to work.
>
> -tom

Best regards, Michael.

(See attached file: att611a9.dat)