Re: remote shell problem

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: remote shell problem
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:10:39 +0100

Jarda Gre¡ula <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway, I came across the following post from you
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.tramp/5724
>
> It seems to me that the OP had the same problem and he posted some patch for
> that. Don't you remember what happened with that patch?

I don't remember, but I've consulted the archives and the
ChangeLog. The patch is not included, and I have no idea why.

Maybe you can test it yourself. The OP proposed to add "igncr" to the
stty call. A patch towards the recent Tramp 2.0.55 would look like
this:

diff -c -r2.359.2.91 tramp.el
*** tramp.el    31 Dec 2006 14:37:22 -0000      2.359.2.91
--- tramp.el    25 Jan 2007 21:01:49 -0000
***************
*** 6117,6123 ****
    (tramp-message 8 "Setting up remote shell environment")
    (tramp-discard-garbage-erase-buffer p multi-method method user host)
    (tramp-send-command-internal multi-method method user host
!                              "stty -inlcr -echo kill '^U'")
    (erase-buffer)
    ;; Ignore garbage after stty command.
    (tramp-send-command-internal multi-method method user host
--- 6117,6123 ----
    (tramp-message 8 "Setting up remote shell environment")
    (tramp-discard-garbage-erase-buffer p multi-method method user host)
    (tramp-send-command-internal multi-method method user host
!                              "stty igncr -inlcr -echo kill '^U'")
    (erase-buffer)
    ;; Ignore garbage after stty command.
    (tramp-send-command-internal multi-method method user host

Could you, please, report whether it helps? Then I will analyze again
how we could apply this patch in general. And maybe I remember what
happened last summer ...