Re: gdb over tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: gdb over tramp
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:32:04 +0100

Ben Litton <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm having some difficulty getting gdb to work over tramp.
>
> I'm using GNU Emacs 22.0.94.2, which is a CVS checkout. I'm also using
> the latest TRAMP latest CVS checkout as of today (2.1.9-pre).

Same configuration here.

> However, if I M-x gdb, it clearly runs my local copy of gdb. Am I
> using this incorrectly?

I've shortly tested it, everything looks OK to me. gdb runs on the
remote machine.

Could you, please, give a short scenario how you apply gdb?

What is the first line in your *gud-emacs* buffer? I have the
following one, which tells me that gdb is running on the remote host:

Current directory is /ssh:address@hidden:/home/albinus/src/emacs/src/