Re: make on OSX requires extra etex step

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: make on OSX requires extra etex step
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:52:02 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I did not see this in the files included with 2.1.9 and with the CVS
> version, so in case this has not been noticed:
> On OSX, make resulted in errors until I went into the texi directory
> and ran etex tramp.texi.

I have no Mac for testing. Could you, please, provide

- the output of make with the error
- the additional step you have performed, including output
- (optional) a patch for texi/Makefile.in

What surprises me is that you have to call (e)tex directly. makeinfo and
texi2dvi shall be sufficient.

Thanks, and best regards, Michael.